The Winning Phrase: Drunk As A Skunk
Last night, I had a shot of jack, a corona (not too bad so far, huh?)... followed by six shots in a row of cheap vodka... straight.
I seriously thought I might die. But actually, Zhora got a lot sicker than I was... He got sick all over the bedroom floor, and I actually managed to clean most of it up before getting sick myself (discretely, of course, in the bathroom toilet, with the door locked).
The night started innocently enough. Zhora came over to my house to pick me up to go to Ride The Nine. We met Chrissy and Erik there, who were
blowed out of their minds. Later on, Vtalik showed up, as well as Zhora's American friend Phil. After a few games of cut-throat, we headed back here to Zhora's to play some Texas Hold 'Em. I didn't win, of course, having never played, but I came in third! And actually, I think I might have done better, had I not gone all in on a shitty hand just because I knew I was too drunk to play anymore.
Everyone got at least moderately drunk, with the possible exception of Vtalik. As I was cleaning up Zhora's vomit, Vtalik came back into the room and said to me, "You shouldn't do this. You're too good for him." This surprised me a little bit, as Zhora cites Vtalik as one of his most crucial friends. I replied that I wanted to do it, because I didn't want Zhora to get sick again in the morning just from waking up to the smell of his own vomit. Everyone was surprised that I cleaned up after him, but it wasn't actually that terrible. I was drunk enough not to mind the smell too badly, and, besides, my first job was as a day maid in a nasty hole-in-the-wall motel in North Bay.
My hang-over is of a massive scale. The last time I drank so much was at New Year's, but I think I handled myself a little better this time. I kept my mouth closed, lest I say something scary or stupid, and I tried to remain as observant as possible.
Ow, my head.
I've been drinking a lot of orange juice and water since I woke up, and I think there's a lime in the fridge I can suck on too, if I need it. That's about all there is to nourish around here. Actually, I also had an apple. I hope Zhora doesn't mind, as it was the only one in the fridge, but I know I need to keep putting healthy, moist things into my angry little body.
The urge to smoke some of my cigarettes is severe, but I've been putting it off, as smoking was the last thing I did last night before I got sick, and I don't want the negative association to affect me any more badly than it is already, just looking at them.
A good thing: I bought a sweet-ass lighter yesterday. It's metallic and has green and magenta flames, and it's shaped like an eagle. I actually got it because it's about the size of an adult female wren maybe three days into a brood... Also, it has a flashlight.
I miss Zhora. Isn't that silly? He's just at work, and I spent a good portion of my evening cleaning up his vomit, and I miss little dude. I miss him a lot. Maybe he'll want me to leave as soon as he gets in. I hope not, though, even though I have a shitload of stuff to do. I'm not too good for him; how can anyone say that, when he's so hard to figure out? Vtalik barely knows me -- I'm very capable of treating people badly, he just has yet to see me do so.
Zhora was very stoic and not very affectionate last night at the billiard hall. I think it might have had something to do with Erik and Phil. Of course, I was chatting a lot with Erik, and I worry that maybe it may have seemed that I was flirting... which, actually, couldn't be farther from the truth. Dude's dating my roommate-slash-best-buddy, for C's sake. And I didn't flirt with Phil at all, but of course Zhora was very invested in chatting to him; I must admit I got a little moody at the billiard hall because he wasn't hanging all over me, but that just goes to show that I'm a bit petty and ridiculous. Once again: Too young.
I have a lot to do today. I have to finish packing, for one thing, and get at least a FEW things over to my room. Teryn wants to go to Wal-mart today to pick up matching comforters and some lamps. I might have already mentioned that in a previous post, but I don't have the energy to double-check.
I can't believe it's Thursday already. Classes start
next week. I could really do with some [cough] right now -- just for the headache, mind. I should drink some more water maybe.
[posted by m*dot @ 13:15 // ]
1 commentations:
Oh, come on, Erik. YOU WERE HIGH.
And I did forget all about that shot of tequila! Damn!
Post a Comment
HOME