Listening To: "Body Movin'" - The Beastie Boys [Fatboy Slim Remix]I'm glad I had a night to myself to think. Chrissy assured me this morning that Zhora is the type of person who just needs a night alone to relax once in a little while, and that's actually really cool, not mean at all. Certainly it doesn't mean that he dislikes me; I'm the queen of over-analyzing and freaking out for nothing lately! An apology would be in order had I said anything to him; if I see him today, I'll just have to be extra nice! I don't like being annoyed with people for unnecessary reasons, after all.
Today, I walked down to campus and checked in to my room. The floor is very scratched up and the view isn't as nice as the view from my room last year, but it's high up, and it's relatively cool in temperature, so I am relatively pleased. My RA seems to be very put-together, kind and organized. This is a great comfort.
I met some of my floormates; most of the people there right now are upperclassmen. They are orange in skin and blond in hair, but my father has cautioned me not to judge, and I'm not extraordinarily worried; upperclassmen usually like to stick to themselves. Tomorrow begins the
barbarian freshman horde.
I bought my textbooks online last night; all but two of them. The grand total came up to about $175. I am inordinately pleased! Everyone who needs to purchase textbooks should go to half.com. All you need to know is the ISBN. GO THERE. This means freshman like Paige and Kiri and any other students who are reading this! I am freaking serious! Paige, you are living in
Chicago so soon, where everything is expensive. Take my advice, please! Had I purchased my books through the university book store, even used, they would have cost me at least $400. Half.com, indeed.
I talked to Teryn for the first time in a few weeks today. She is very excited about our room, and she got me excited as well. Tomorrow, we are going to Wal-mart to purchase matching brown comforters and some lamps. Our room is going to be an actual
room -- none of this dorm crap. The walls will be covered by any notes and inspired quotes I hear around as well as all of Teryn's beautiful photography. Tim: I wish you could see some of her stuff; it's so cool! She's very much into compilation photos right now; taking different photos of the same person or area at different exposures et cetera and then putting them together. So cool!
I need a hit; baby, give me it!
I'm glad I'm going to Wal-mart tomorrow; I need some more film for my polaroid; need some pictures of my loved ones before they all go away, and perhaps a couple of Zhora, if he will permit it. I think he will, as long as I get him in front of his cute little BMW.
Diamonds and dollaz, it's hot! It's
damn hot. The walk down to campus today was a little excrutiating, as I unwisely attired myself in jeans. Speaking of which, they're Paige's jeans. I'll have to remember to return them to her in Chicago, when I come to see her!
Neigh!
I have a shrink appointment today at 2pm. I suppose I'll have a bit to talk about, most importantly in regards to my medication; it's really starting to affect me negatively, I think. I've lost 15 pounds this summer, and I'm starting to feel unhealthy, even though I hardly look
skinny by any means. I love to eat too much to have an appetite-suppressing medication. Every time I am not hungry and I know I have to eat a meal, I try to think of how good the food is at Tim and Kimb's. When I have been there, I always manage to be hungry enough to mow down on all of that deliciousness.
I'm going to go on birth control pretty soon, as well. I'm trying to decide between the pill and depo. Chrissy is more partial to the latter, but I'll have to see. Perhaps it will balance out my medication, because birth control is apparently supposed to make one gain some weight. I'm a little concerned about it, since I've become a relatively heavy smoker, but hopefully I'm young enough to be all right. My blood pressure has always been almost dangerously low, but this was due to my chronic
vasovagal syncope more than anything else, and I think I'm finally starting to grow out of that.
Anne took my Aunt Donna and my cousin Jesse to the mall for a few hours. I asked them to pick me up some cowboy boots. Heh, it won't happen, but a girl can dream, right?
A fratboy said "Howdy" to me today, so I'm thinking I'm looking a bit grungy and western and masculine and especially bow-legged today; I actually feel best when I look like this. Cowboy boots would do a lot for my confidence, maybe, but I mustn't become materialistic. They're expensive! Just the "click, click" -- I want that. Just the strut.
I saw Philtron at the front desk when I went to check in today. He recognized me and made my check-in very easy; just had to sign some shit and I received my key.
I bought a sweet lighter today, in the shape of an eagle's head. It also functions as a flashlight, but so far I have only been able to figure out how to turn the flashlight on. Maybe I bought a stupid busted lighter! I hope not.
Man, Wolfmother sounds way too much like they want to be Led Zeppelin. And they're not, but this AM remix is pretty okay. Hopefully, Zhora won't think I'm a dufus when and if he listens to this CD.
Tim, you will have to send me your address, so that I can continue mailing you mixes; I don't know when I'll get to see you next, and you are my most gratifying and grateful "customer".
All right, time to force some fruit down my gullet, or maybe a yogurt, and then a little nap, followed by some internet rounds.
[posted by m*dot @ 12:15 // ]
0 commentations:
Post a Comment
HOME